SSC CGL Books 2018
SSC CGL books 2018 – Tier 1 & Tier 2 books: Staff Selection Commission has been one of the most eligible organizations for Government exams in India. SSC CGL Conducted their exams in two Papers like as Tier 1 and Tier 2. The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non-gazetted posts in various Departments/ Ministries/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services. Many candidates got confused to buy CGL books for SSC CGL Exam Preparation. So here we provided Best Books for SSC CGL Examination. These SSC CGL books are very helpful to Aspiring candidates who wants to prepare for self-preparation.
SSC CGL books 2018 – Tier 1 & Tier 2 books
We Suggested Best SSC CGL 2018 books – Tier I & Tier II best books
- Master Guide SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 Examination 2017 by Arihant Experts
- General Knowledge 2018 by Manohar Pandey
- Solved Papers (up to 2015) SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination Tier 1 by Arihant Experts
- Ultimate Guide to SSC Combined Graduate Level – CGL (Tier I & Tier II) Exam by Disha Experts
- Chapterwise Solved Papers SSC Staff Selection Commission Mathematics 2017 by Ojas Maheshwari and Diwakar Sharma
- SSC General Awareness Chapter-wise Solved Papers – 1610: Chapter-wise Solved Papers 1997 to till Date (9100+ Objective Question) by Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
- SSC: Combined Graduate Level – CGL Exam (Tier I & Tier II) With Solved Papers 2017 by YPS
- SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 8800+ Objective Questions – English – 1613 by Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan.
- Analytical Reasoning by K. Pandey
- Kiran’s SSC CGL Tier – I & Tier – II Exam 2010 – Till Date Solved Papers – 1865 by Kiran Prakashan and Pratiyogita Kiran
- Wiley’s SSC-CGL Exam Goalpost Solved Papers & Mock Tests, Tier – 2 & 3: As per July 2016 Notification by DT Editorial Services
- SSC Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal) Guide for CGL/CHSL/MTS/GD Constable/Stenographer by Disha Experts
- Study Notes Materials On Ssc Cgl Entrance Exam With 10000+ Solved Problems + Model Solved Papers, Suggestion Papers(SPIRAL) by Sourav Das
SSC Conducts different Exams
- Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination for a post of Inspector in IT, Central Excise Department, Sub Inspector in CBI, Assistant in Divisional Accountant, Auditor, UDC, Junior Accountant etc…
- Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination.
- Sub-Inspector In CPO (Central Police Organization in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB)
- Section Officer (Auditing and Commercial)
- Junior Engineers Examination
- SSC Conducted exams in FCI And Prasar Bharati
SSC Combined graduate level books buy online
The Staff Selection Commission was established on November 4, 1975. This organization works under the Government of India and recruits staff for several posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. It is headquartered at New Delhi. There are 7 regional offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Allahabad, Guwahati, Mumbai, Chennai and two Sub-Regional Offices at Chandigarh and Raipur. Each regional office is headed by a Regional Director and each sub-regional office is headed by a Deputy-Director.Staff Selection commission has come up with some modification in its syllabus and exam pattern in this year. So, it is Best Chance for every candidate appearing in Staff Selection commission Exam. Candidates to know each and every single detail concerning for SSC CGL Examination.
SSC CGL Books Buy Online at low price
SSC CGL such determined and ruthless candidates, who wish to stand in the first row of success. We are providing Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 Topic Wise Syllabus on our page. Each chapter covered in these books contains the number of solved problems which have been designed on the lines of questions asked in previous years SSC CGL Tier-I and Tier-2 Examination. The solved problems provided in the article will not only help in practicing but also in comprehensive study and understanding of the concepts on which the questions are based. We provide also unsolved practice papers exercises have been provided at the end of each paragraph to help aspiring Candidates practice for the upcoming recruitment examination. These books are designed strictly according to the revised exam pattern of SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier-I & Tier II Recruitment Examination and contains study and practice material. The government of India is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Government organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC CGL aspirants.
SSC CGL books Tier 1 Exam Syllabus
Tier 1 exam is conducted through online mode as Computer Based Test (CBT). This SSC CGL Exam Consists Total 100 marks for Tire-1 Marks, Each Question carries 2 marks and total time duration for Tier-1 Exam is 1 hrs. there are negative marks for a ½ wrong answer. SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Syllabus comprises with a total of 100 questions with having 4 sections and each and every section contain 25 questions. This exam Syllabus comprises with following these Subjects such as General Awareness, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence, and Reasoning.
General Intelligence and Reasoning syllabus and books
General Intelligence and Reasoning section cover both verbal and non-verbal reasoning. This SSC CGL General Intelligence and Reasoning section are based on Questions from Clock, Dies, Trends, Calendar, Indexing, Judgment, Decision making, Series (number and figurative), Blood relations, Similarities and Differences, Analogy, Space visualization. Spatial orientation, Problem-solving, Analysis, Visual memory, Discrimination, Observation. Direction sense test, Arithmetic number series, Syllogism in reasoning, Non-verbal series, Input-Output, Coding, and Decoding. Statement conclusion, The topics are Semantic Analogy, Symbolic or Number Analogy.
General Awareness books for Staff selection Commission
SSC CGL General Awareness Syllabus section covers a history of India, geography, polity, economics, general science, environment, and ecology. SSC CGL Syllabus questions relating to Geography, Economic Science, History, Culture, General Policy, Scientific Research, India and its neighboring countries. General Science will have 10-15 question from Chemistry, Physics & Biology. All the Candidates please read given below instructions to get more score from these General Awareness Section.
- Each topic carries 5 marks questions each. History means Indian History only.
- They hardly ask World History questions Sometimes 1 or 2. So don’t waste your time in world history and skip world history.
- There are two parts from Geography Syllabus. Geography syllabus divided as Indian Geography and Physical Geography.
- Economics questions are often asked and do prepare some of the important terms used in general economics and know them
- You can leave World geography again as hardly any question will be asked from this section.
- There will be 5 to 6 questions each from all the topics given above except miscellaneous.
English Language & Comprehension
General English section covers basics of English Grammar and Comprehension
- fill in the blanks
- idioms & phrases
- spot the error
- active/passive voice of verbs
- one word substitution
- improvement of sentences
- spelling/detecting miss-spelt words
- conversion into direct/indirect narration
- shuffling of sentence parts
- shuffling of sentences in a passage
- cloze passage & comprehension passage
Quantitative Aptitude syllabus and SSC CGL Books
Quantitative Aptitude section covers LCM and HCF, Fractions, Surds and Indices, Simplification, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Time and Work, Algebra, Partnership, etc.
- Computation of whole numbers,
- Time and distance,
- Time & Work,
- Profit and Loss,
- Ratio & Proportion,
- Mixture and Allegation,
- Congruence and similarity of triangles,
- Regular Polygons
- Circle and its chords, tangents,
- Square roots,
- fractions and relationships between numbers,
- Partnership Business,
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers,
- angles subtended by chords of a circle,
- common tangents to two or more circles,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio,
- Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles,
- Heights and Distances, Histogram,
- Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
- Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder,
- Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped,
SSC CGL books Tier 2 Syllabus
- Quantitative Ability.
- English Language & Comprehension.
- Statistics ( Investigator Grade-II only).
- Commerce ( Investigator Grade-II only).
- Economics ( Investigator Grade-II only).
- Mathematics ( Investigator Grade-II only)
- Quantitative Ability Syllabus
Quantitative Ability ssc cgl books 2018
SSC CGL Quantitative Ability Syllabus contains such as Triangle, Averages, Interest, Discount, Time and distance, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Profit and Loss, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time & Work, Sphere, Right Prism, Frequency polygon, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Tangents, Angles subtended by chords of a circle, Common tangents to two or more circles, Quadrilaterals, Heights and Distances, Regular Polygons ,Circle, Right Circular Cone, Circle and its chords, Right Circular Cylinder, Hemispheres, Rectangular Paralleled, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radiant Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Histogram and Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Language & Comprehension books CGL Tier 1 & Tier II books
English Language Syllabus contains these topics such as Spot the error, Synonyms, Spelling or Detecting misspell words, Improvement of sentences, Conversion into direct or indirect narration, Shuffling of sentences in a passage, Active voice or passive voice of verbs, Shuffling of sentence parts, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, One word substitution, Idioms & phrases and Close passage & Comprehension Passage etc.. These topics are distributed under three sections which are mentioned below.
- Sentence Improvement
- Spotting Common Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spotting Common Errors
- Sequence of Sentence
- Comprehension Passage
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Completion
- One Word Substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spelling Rules
Best English SSC CGL Books and practice papers 2018
Spotting Errors: This article primarily focuses on finding the grammatical mistakes in the sentences. Follow these given below tips to get full marks in these type of questions.
- Carefully read the sentences.
- Read the Subject Verb Agreement, also practice it to solve this kind of questions
- Go with the first thought which strikes your mind, don’t get confused
Fill in the Blanks: This section is dedicated to target or find a suitable word to fill in. It constitutes questions which have only blanks. Follow these steps to score good marks in this topic.
- Check the statement carefully and choose the most appropriate one.
- Check the Elimination method, by checking by placing every word in the blank.
- At last, read whether the sentence is sounding correct or not.
Staff Selection books buy online at low price
Synonyms & Antonyms: SSC CGL Candidates need to follow these points to get more score from these Section.
- Learn and write down all the new words which come across
- Read Newspapers, Magazines to widen your level of Vocab.
- Also, candidates read Antonyms and Synonyms used in Previous Year Papers.
One Word Substitution: The only trick which can b helpful here is to go through all the previous year questions based on this topic. As these issues have high chances of repetition.
Spelling Mistakes and Sentence Correction: Candidates can read all the rules and regulations involved in spelling formation, this is section very scoring section. Try to look for the best alternative.
Comprehension: First of all the candidates try to figure out the motto or the aim on which the passage is focused. Another tip to candidates would be to read the asked questions first and then read the passage, this action will help candidates to find immediate answers.
Statistics ( Investigator Grade-II only)
- Collection and Representation of Data: Methods of data collection and Representation of data, frequency distributions, etc.
- Measures of Central Tendency: Common measures (mean, median and mode, Partition Values and quartiles, deciles & percentiles.)
- Measures of Dispersion: Measures of relative dispersion, Common measures – range, quartile deviations, standard deviation & mean deviation.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis: Different types of moments and their relationship and Meaning and different Measures of skewness and kurtosis.
- Correlation and Regression: Simple correlation coefficient, Scatter diagram, Simple regression lines, Measures of association of attributes, Spearman’s rank correlation, Multiple regression, Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
- Probability Theory: Meaning of Probability and different definitions of Probability, Conditional Probability, Compound Probability, Independent events and Bayes’ Theorem.
- Random Variable and Probability Distributions: Probability functions, Random variable, Higher moments of a random variable, Expectation, and Variance of a random variable, Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete) and Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions.
Suggest Best Books For SSC CGL Books 2017 & 2018
- Sampling Theory: Sampling and non-sampling errors, Probability and non-probability sampling techniques (simple random sampling, multistage sampling, stratified sampling, cluster sampling, multiphase sampling, convenience sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling and quota sampling), Sample size decisions and Sampling distribution (statement only)
- Statistical Inference: Properties of a good estimator, Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Point estimation and interval estimation, Tests based on Z, t, Chi-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals and Methods of estimation (Moments method Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method).
- Analysis of Variance: Analysis of 0ne way & two-way classified data.
- Time Series Analysis: Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods and Components of time series and Determinations of trend component by different methods.
- Index Numbers: Meaning of Index Numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers and Uses of Index Numbers.
Commerce Syllabus For Investigator Grade-II only
- Accountancy: Income measurement, Conceptual framework, Accounting for partnership firms, Final accounts, Hire-purchase accounting, stock exchanges functioning, Corporate accounting (Issue, forfeiture, and re-issue of shares)
- Business Organisation: Business environment, Business objectives, marketing and human resource development, Business entrepreneurship (including location, choice of the form of business and growth strategies), Business operations including finance and Production.
- Management: Organising, Planning, Leading and Controlling, marketing management, Concept of management and Operational Research
- Micro-Economics: Theory of consumer behavior, Price-mechanism, Theory of costs, Market structures, Elasticity of demand, Price determination under perfect competition and monopoly and Production function
- Indian Economics: Sectoral analysis of Indian economy including agriculture, Issues involved in planning for economic development and industry and foreign trade.
Buy best SSC CGL books online
- Business Statistics: index numbers, Mathematical ability, Analysis of univariate data involving measurement of central tendency and dispersion, analysis of time-series, correlation and regression analysis and Theory of probability.
- Business Law: laws relating to Banking & Insurance, Sale of Goods Act, 1930, Indian Contract Act, 1872, Partnership Act 1932 and Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881.
- Company Law: management of the company, involving incorporation of the company, members of a Company, Kinds of Companies, meetings and resolutions, matters shares and share capital and matters relating to issue and transfer of shares, winding up of a company.
- Cost accounting: cost volume, Standard costing, Procedures involved in cost accounting, profit analysis, Budgetary control and marginal costing
- Auditing: Meaning of Auditing, types of audit, Audit process and objects of auditing.
- Income Tax: heads of Income, Basic concepts of Income Tax.
Economics Syllabus For Investigator Grade-II only
SSC CGL Syllabus Contains Various topics Such as given below
- General Economics:
- Deficit Financing.
- Demand and Supply Analysis, including Laws and Interaction.
- Nature and Functions of Money, the value of Money, Fluctuation of Money-inflation and Deflation, Monetary policy, Index Numbers.
- Foreign Exchange-Determination of the rate of Exchange Public Finance- Nature, Scope and importance of public Finance.
- Taxation- meaning, Classification and principles of Taxation.
- Production Function and Laws of Returns.
- Theory of Factor pricing- Rent, Wage, interest and profit.
- Theory of Employment- classical and Neoclassical Approach. International Trade- free trade and protection, Theories of Trade.
- Fiscal policy
Indian Economics & General statistics ssc cgl books 2018
- Measures of Central Tendency.
- Types of sampling.
- Presentation of data-classification, tabulation, etc.
- Schedule and questionnaire.
- Agricultural sector(Agricultural Development during planning, credit, Agricultural price policy, Rural Development, Co-Operative Raj)
- Statistical investigation-Meaning and planning of investigation.
- The collection of data and editing of data.
- Industrial Policy and industrial Development.
- Problems of Economic Development- Indian Planning-Objective and its evolution, Five Year plans and Role of National Development.
- New Economic policy and Welfare Schemes.
- Indian Banking and Currency system.
- Indian public Finance-Indian Revenue, Foreign Aid.
SSC CGL Books Mathematics Syllabus for Investigator Grade-II
Algebra: Sets of Algebra, Equivalence Relation. The system of complex numbers, Relations, and functions of a function, Relation between roots and coefficients of the polynomial equation, Evaluation of symmetric function of roots of cubic and quadrature equation and De Moire’s Theorem and its simple applications.
Algebra of Matrices: Determinants Multiplication, Determinants, Determinants, Convergence of sequences, multiplication of determinants of orders two and three, x Inverse of a matrix, Rank of a matrix and application of matrices to the solution of linear equations (in three unknowns), matrices and sense, Root and Gauss, singular tests and tests of convergence of series with positive terms.
best SSC Combined graduate level books buy online
Analytical Geometry: Solution of second and higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients and simple applications, Continuity and differential of functions, Differential and Integral Calculus: Limit, successive differentiation, derivatives of standard functions, Straight lines, Circles, Maclaurin and Taylor’s series (Without proof) and their applications, parabola, rectification, Tracing of curves, Partial differentiation, quad rate, Standard methods of Integration, Role’s and mean value Theorems, Differential Equation.
Statistics: Large sample tests for mean and proportion test of significance based on t, F AND Chi-square distributions, Random sampling, Frequency distributions Skewness and kurtosis. Normal and exponential distributions, rectangular, Distributions and Poisson, Measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, Random and distribution function, continuous distributions, numbers, sampling attributes, Principles of least squares and regression and random.
Staff Selection Commission CGL Books 2018
Commerce with Statistics: Business Economics, Company Law, Commerce commonly taught in the Degree Course of Indian Universities, Taxation, Taxation, International Trade, Business Management, Mercantile Law, Mathematical Ability including Statistics, Business Communication, Investments, Insurance, Partnership, Human Resource Management, Auditing, Marketing and Advertising, Business Organisations, Banking, Operational Research and Shares/Debentures, etc. (for details of Statistics topics, refer to Statistics).
Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. SSC is one of the best and Most competitive exams in India because in 2016 there was 40 Lakh candidate who applied for 8000+ Posts in a Different department of Central Govt. like CBI, Tax, etc. and in 2017 more than 45 Lakh candidate registered for the exam. Every year Staff Selection Commission Exam is conducted in order to recruit a large number of qualified job seekers to fill up vacant seats under different departments that come under The Government of India.